Where are pets found in St Charles County taken?
Lost and stray dogs and cats picked up in unincorporated St. Charles County and most municipalities are kenneled at St Charles County Pet Adoption Center.
The City of St. Peters (636-278-2255), City of O’Fallon (636-240-3200) and the City of Wentzville (636-327-5105) operate their own animal control units, but they house their recovered animals at the St Charles County Pet Adoption Center.
The City of St. Charles (636-949-3395) operates its own animal control program and houses its animals at their facility which is located on Randolph Ave in St Charles.
Looking for your lost pet? Check our current pet population to see who has recently arrived. Start here
Is your pet lost?
If you have lost a pet, please call us at (636) 949-7387 and visit the Pet Adoption Center during business hours.
Although we do take phone calls, it is very important that you also visit the shelter in person! Our facility holds over 150 animals, and it is often very difficult to be sure whether or not an animal matches a caller’s description. Visit us at 4850 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, St Peters, MO 63376.
Search our database
- Visit phshelter.com.
- Enter your City Name or Zip Code (or the zip code where your pet may have gone missing)
- Click “Lost my Pet”
- Click on the type of animal.
- Click on our facility “St. Charles County Humane Services” and any other shelters you would like to search. Then click “Search Selected Shelters.”
- Use the drop-down choices to further define your animal, and then click “Search Now.”
- Review our photo database. Please understand that many pets look alike, so you will need to visit our facility in person for verification.